Thursday, July 17, 2008

Heart to Heart: The Beauty of Rejection

Hello Bluetiful Ones!

It's Kenya signing in and today's Heart to Heart segment features embracing rejection. And I know that can seem like quite the paradox, but it's actually possible to appreciate the things that we cannot have. Case in point...this story...

A young highschool student was preparing to progress to the next stage of her life and had a college that was at the very top of her list. But much to her dismay, this school placed her on the waiting list and she did not receive guaranteed admission. Upon researching her second choice, she began to discover that institution actually had many qualities that suited her. After attending, she gained so many valuable memories, and also contributed to the campus by becoming involved in activities, founding an organization to encourage women, and countless hours of community service. You see, one door had closed in her life and a new door had opened. Who would have known what course her life would have taken had circumstances turned out differently?

Well ladies in gentleman, that young lady was/is me. After being waitlisted from Pepperdine University in Malibu, California, I decided to step out on a limb and attend a school that was waaaaay on the other side of the country, and far away from the only family, friends, and environment I had ever known. But taking that chance & embracing that risk exposed me to so many experiences that have drastically changed my life and shaped me into the woman that I am today.

If you find yourself being turned down in some area of your life, I know it may hurt at first, but keep in mind that there are more things to come. Where one door may close, another may open, and you never know what new & exciting possibilities lie ahead. You are a prize and worth SO much. So when you are rejected, just know that one person/place is losing you, while another just may be gaining you.

4 comments:

jamey johnson said...

I recieve it! Good word!

AskMeWhats said...

very good inspiring message. So true, I have been hurt sooo many times...but I will definitely look into the positive side and know that there's always a reason for being hurt..you learn, you matured..and something better will come your way :) Thanks and happy weekend

Tamar said...

This is just what I needed today! Ive been fronting happiness for so long but carrying resentment and bitterness inside. I now know that the reality is you have to let go nd let God!

SuzieC said...

Great post and very timely for me.